By Holly Lebowitz Rossi
March 04, 2012

Parents in Chatham, New Jersey are alarmed to learn that as many as 50 children's prescriptions for fluoride pills were accidentally switched with Tamoxifen, a powerful breast cancer drug, by a local CVS pharmacy between December 1 and February 20.  CVS Caremark told The Associated Press that only a  few children ingested the cancer medication, believing it to be the chewable fluoride tablet, and that those children are not likely to suffer any health effects.

Image: Pill bottle, via Shutterstock.

Advertisement


Comments

Be the first to comment!