When you do a hip-opening pose like this one, you release tension from your body, and you may promote better alignment of your pelvic organs -- which can make it easier to get pregnant.
- Sitting in staff pose, bend your right knee and place your right ankle on your thigh just above your left knee. Keep your left leg engaged by flexing your left foot.
- Flex your right foot, and press the palm of your left hand against the sole of your right foot, pressing them into each other in opposition. At the same time, use your right hand just above your right knee to press your thigh down firmly but without force. Hold for three breaths.
- Gently bounce the knee up and down to lubricate the hip joint.
- Gradually bend forward as far as you can comfortably, engaging your abdominal muscles to support and lengthen your spine.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Copyright © 2011 Meredith Corporation.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.