21 Math Jokes for Kids Guaranteed to Get a Laugh
What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt! Give your little mathematician something to giggle about with these funny math jokes and puns for kids.
Math may not be inherently hilarious, but all the more reason to find the funny in it! In the name of learning—er, laughing—we collected the funniest, silliest, and corniest math jokes and tested them on real kids to get their reaction. We also asked them to share a few jokes of their own that "Arithmetic-kled" their funny bone.
The result? This round-up of kid-approved comedy gold.
Whether you're looking for a way to lighten up home school lessons or simply have a math fan on your hands, steal a few of these best math jokes and puns that are sure to have your little mathemagicians laughing.
1. What did the triangle say to the circle? "You're pointless." —Katie, age 8
2. My math teacher has a piece of graph paper. I think he must be plotting something!
3. Why was six afraid of seven? "Because seven, eight, nine!" —Hudson, age 6
4. What are ten things you can always count on? Your fingers.
5. Are monsters good at math? "No, unless you Count Dracula." —Thomas, age 9
6. Why didn't the quarter roll down the road with the nickel? Because it had more cents!
7. Why do teenagers always travel in groups of three, five, or seven? Because they can't even!
8. Which king loved fractions? Henry the eighth.
9. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called her average? It was a 'mean' thing to say.
10. Why was the math book crying? "Because it had so many problems." —Suzie, age 5
11. Which snakes are good at math? "Adders." —Ben, age 4
12. Why is the obtuse triangle always upset? Because it's never right!
13. A farmer had 198 sheep but when he rounded them up, he had 200!
14. What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt!
15. Why did the two fours skip lunch? "Cus they already 8!" —Claire, age 7
16. If I had six oranges in one hand and four apples in the other hand what would I have? Really big hands!
17. What is a math teacher's favorite sum? "Summer!" —Simon, age 11
18. Who's the king of the pencil case? "The ruler!" —Thomas, age 9
19. Which knight created the round table? "Sir Cumference!" —Zayed, age 10
20. There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
21. A kid said to his math teacher: To show you how good I am at fractions, I only did half my homework!