These films are dead-on when it comes to expressing the joys (and, um, other parts) of parenthood.
16 Movie Quotes That Totally Nail Parenthood
As any mom or dad will attest, parenting is one heck of a crazy ride. From sleepless nights to temper tantrums, things can get wild, so a sense of humor is a must. If you're feeling a little crazy lately, take some solace in these movie quotes that totally nail parenthood. Don't worry—you're totally not alone!
1. Jack: "I yelled at Kenny for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows. I'm liking them. I'm losing it!"
2. Karen: "He likes to butt things...with his head."
Nathan: "How proud you must be."
3. Michael: "How can something so small create so much of something so disgusting?"
—THREE MEN AND A BABY
4. Richard: "Everybody just pretend to be normal."
—LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
5. James: "I think being a good father is keeping the mother happy so she doesn't drive the kids crazy."
—LOOK WHO'S TALKING
6. Peter: "I've had enough of this doo-doo!"
—THREE MEN AND A BABY
7. Fiona: "Will, am I a bad mother?"
Will: "No, you're just a barking lunatic."
—ABOUT A BOY
8. Eric: "Having somebody help you doesn't mean that you fail, it just means that you're not in it alone."
—LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
9. Sonny: "(Taking away slingshot) Let me have that. Go to your room...I guess. Or go do whatever you want."
10. Frank: "[Parenting] is like your Aunt Edna's [butt]. It goes on forever and it's just as frightening."
11. Natalie: "We're his goddamn kids too!"
Daniel: "Heh heh, kids say the darndest things."
12. George: "Well, that's the thing about life, is the surprises, the little things that sneak up on you and grab hold of you."
—FATHER OF THE BRIDE
13. Jessica: "Dad, can I kill Jake now?"
Tom: "No, finish washing the car first!"
—CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN
14. Caffee: "Our surrogacy fee is $100,000."
Kate: "It costs more to have someone born than to have someone killed."
Caffee: "It takes longer."
15. Sarabi: "Your son is awake."
Mufasa: "Before sunrise, he's your son."
—THE LION KING
16. Kate: "I love being the mother of a 2-year-old. It's like being a movie star in a world without critics."
—I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT