16 Movie Quotes That Totally Nail Parenthood
These films are dead-on when it comes to expressing the joys (and, um, other parts) of parenthood.
As any mom or dad will attest, parenting is one heck of a crazy ride. From sleepless nights to temper tantrums, things can get wild, so a sense of humor is a must. If you're feeling a little crazy lately, take some solace in these movie quotes that totally nail parenthood. Don't worry—you're totally not alone!
1. Jack: "I yelled at Kenny for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows. I'm liking them. I'm losing it!"
2. Karen: "He likes to butt things...with his head."Nathan: "How proud you must be."
3. Michael: "How can something so small create so much of something so disgusting?"
—THREE MEN AND A BABY
4. Richard: "Everybody just pretend to be normal."
—LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
5. James: "I think being a good father is keeping the mother happy so she doesn't drive the kids crazy."
—LOOK WHO'S TALKING
6. Peter: "I've had enough of this doo-doo!"
—THREE MEN AND A BABY
7. Fiona: "Will, am I a bad mother?"Will: "No, you're just a barking lunatic."
—ABOUT A BOY
8. Eric: "Having somebody help you doesn't mean that you fail, it just means that you're not in it alone."
—LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
9. Sonny: "(Taking away slingshot) Let me have that. Go to your room...I guess. Or go do whatever you want."
10. Frank: "[Parenting] is like your Aunt Edna's [butt]. It goes on forever and it's just as frightening."
11. Natalie: "We're his goddamn kids too!"Daniel: "Heh heh, kids say the darndest things."
12. George: "Well, that's the thing about life, is the surprises, the little things that sneak up on you and grab hold of you."
—FATHER OF THE BRIDE
13. Jessica: "Dad, can I kill Jake now?"Tom: "No, finish washing the car first!"
—CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN
14. Caffee: "Our surrogacy fee is $100,000."Kate: "It costs more to have someone born than to have someone killed."Caffee: "It takes longer."
15. Sarabi: "Your son is awake."Mufasa: "Before sunrise, he's your son."
—THE LION KING
16. Kate: "I love being the mother of a 2-year-old. It's like being a movie star in a world without critics."
—I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT