Add a fun element to any party with this colorful roulette wheel.
What You'll Need
- String compass
- Craft knife
- Craft paint
- Approximately six to eight washers; one 1/4"x 3"-long
- Two nuts
- One newspaper medallion (see above)
- Use string compass to make an 18" cardboard circle; cut it out. Cut out an arrow the same width as your yardstick.
- Poke a hole through center of circle.
- Divide circle into eight sections; paint each its own color. Paint arrow red.
- Paint a few stones with each color from the wheel; let dry.
- To rig wheel, thread the bolt as follows: through one nut, one washer, newspaper medallion, cardboard wheel, five washers, yardstick (use its preexisting hole), one washer, and second nut; tighten.
- Try spinning wheel and add washers if it scrapes yardstick.
- Place the yardstick into a bucket; fill with stones. Top with painted stones.
- Hot-glue arrow to yardstick.
Originally published in the May 2013 issue of Parents magazine.