Make these upcycled newspaper medallions to welcome your guests.
What You'll Need:
- Twist ties
- Hole punch
- Fold a newspaper page along its existing crease. Fold the page accordion-style; staple at center.
- Use scissors to round the ends.
- Create a fan: Tape two sides together.
- Repeat with a second piece. Tape two to four fans together at seams to create circle.
- For the pom-poms, cut a piece of streamer 3 yards long. Fold the streamer every 4" to create a folded stack. Cut the looped ends, creating a stack of individual pieces.
- Cut into both short sides of stack to create two fringed edges. Use a twist tie to secure fringed streamers together at center. To finish, fluff fringe.
- Tape pom-pom's twist tie to medallion.
- Punch two holes into one fold of medallion; thread string through.
Originally published in the May 2013 issue of Parents magazine.