Sneezy Does It: Make a Piggy Bank From a Tissue Box
Get kids into the habit of saving with this cool and easy craft.
What You'll Need
- Pink craft paper
- Tissue box
- Double-sided tape
- Chenille stems
- Fast-setting glue
- Pink and black pom-poms
- 1.25-ounce clear plastic cups
- 2-inch wide round or oval box or jar lid
- Pink paint
- Wrap a 5-x-20-inch piece of pink craft paper around tissue box and secure with double-sided tape. Cut a separate piece for the top about 1/8 inch wider on each side; cut slit in center and tape to top of box.
- Paint your box or jar lid pink, and attach black pom-poms as eyes. To make the tail, glue a pink chenille stem to the back center of the box and spiral by wrapping it around your finger.
- Cut two 2-inch equilateral triangles from pink paper as ears. Paint centers with a darker pink paint and let dry. Make a crease 1/2-inch from the bottom and glue to box.
- Fill four clear plastic cups with pink pom-poms and glue to the four bottom corners of the box.
Copyright © 2009 Meredith Corporation.