Kids can create a pal and cool clothes using recycled craft supplies.
- cardboard boxes
- safety scissors
- assorted craft supplies (decorative paper, doilies, cupcake liners, ribbon, fabric, yarn)
- self-adhesive Velcro coins
- Cut out a paper-doll on a sturdy cardboard box or a piece of cardstock, then cut out.
- Draw your own clothing on scraps of decorative paper or fabric, and cut out. Decorate clothes with ribbon, doilies, and rickrack.
- To make it easy to change outfits, attach self-adhesive Velcro coins to the doll's body and to the backs of the clothing.
- To create several faces, cut out a circle sized to fit the doll's head. Use a marker to make a face, glue on yarn for hair, and attach with self-adhesive Velcro coins.
Making a wardrobe for a paper doll is a great way to encourage your child's creativity. Need a little inspiration? Above, six outfits to help get you started.