Turn leftover eggshells into a colorful craft that can be displayed each year.
Make Mosaic Easter Eggs
What You'll Need:
White eggshells, kraft paper or newspaper, boiling water, vinegar, food coloring, bowls or cups, fork or slotted spoon, paper towels, craft glue, hard-boiled or ceramic eggs ($10 for 12; ceramiceggs.com)
- Rinse eggshells with warm water and set aside. Protect your work surface with kraft paper.
- Combine 1 cup boiling water, 1 Tbs. vinegar, and 20 drops food coloring in a bowl or cup.
- Submerge eggshells in colored liquid for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired color is achieved.
- Use a fork or a slotted spoon to remove dyed shells and let dry completely on a stack of paper towels.
- Break colored eggshells into smaller pieces then use craft glue to adhere to the egg; let dry overnight.