Build this friendly robot out of common kitchen materials.
Build a Metal Robot
What You'll Need:
Twist ties, 10 oz. can, milk-jug lid ring, water bottle lids, food box, 26 oz. coffee can, colored drink lids, paper towel tube, glue stick, foil, paper, two 6 oz. cans, hot glue gun, marker
- Using a hot glue gun, stack a 26 oz. coffee can on top of two 6 oz. cans to make the robot's body and legs, and top with a 10 oz. can for the head.
- Cut colorful squares from a food box and glue to paper using a glue stick. Glue the paper to the center of the coffee can to make the robot's control panel.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach colorful drink lids as knobs.
- Cut a bowtie from the food box and attach using the glue stick.
- Cut two 2"-wide sections of a paper towel tube and flatten. Coat each side with a glue stick and wrap with foil. Cut fingers of out one end, and glue to sides of coffee can.
- Use a marker to draw dots on the water bottle lids, and glue to robot's head as eyes. Attach using the glue gun.
- Cut a square and rectangles from food box as nose, eyebrows, and mouth, and affix using the glue stick.
- Twirl twist ties around a pencil to create a spiral shape, and then glue to the top of the head as antennae.
Copyright © 2012 Meredith Corporation.