Funny Farm Bunny Egg Craft: How-To Video
Transform an egg into an iconic Easter critter using felt.
What You'll Need:
Pink and white felt, scissors, black marker, blown-out or ceramic egg ($1.30 each; crackerbarrel.com), craft glue, bottle cap (optional), small white pom-pom, extra-small pink pom-pom, pink yarn, hair spray
- To make the outer ear shapes, trace your child's thumb onto pink felt twice. To make the inner ear shapes, trace your child's pinky finger onto white felt twice. Cut all of the ear shapes out, then glue the inner ear shape on top of the outer ear shape, making sure to leave about 1?4" at the bottom unattached, and set aside to dry.
- Cut three 1" pieces of yarn and spray with hair spray to stiffen.
- Rest the egg in the bottle cap and apply two small dots of glue to the top, about 1/2" apart.
- Gently separate the unattached part of each bunny ear and press down on the glue dots.
- When the yarn is dry, twist the pieces together in the middle and glue to the front of the egg, about halfway down.
Copyright © 2012 Meredith Corporation.