Fill blown-out eggs with water-soluble Ecofetti for a mess-free game of catch on the lawn.
What You'll Need:
Safety pin, white eggs, bowl, kraft paper, boiling water, vinegar, food coloring, cups or bowls, fork or slotted spoon, baking rack, baking sheet, paper towels, Ecofetti
- Use the safety pin to poke three small holes to form a triangle in the top of an egg, then poke a small circle in the bottom of the egg. Keep poking within the circle until the shell cracks.
- Flip the egg over and, while holding it over a bowl, put your mouth over the three holes on top and blow into the egg until the whites and yolk come out the bottom (save the eggs for breakfast!). Rinse the shell under the faucet and blow inside to remove any water; set aside.
- Protect your work surface with kraft paper. Combine 1 cup boiling water, 1 Tbs. vinegar, and 20 drops food coloring in a bowl or cup.
- Submerge blown out eggs in colored liquid for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired color is achieved.
- Use a fork or a slotted spoon to remove and place on a baking rack layered on top of a baking sheet with paper towel; let it dry completely (at least 12 hours).
- Grab Ecofetti in pinches and push into the egg through the bottom hole until full.
Copyright © 2012 Meredith Corporation.