How to Make a Milk Carton Village
What You'll Need
Paper beverage cartons: pint, quart, and half-gallon sizes, paint, cereal box cardboard, corks, colored paper, glue, toothpick, scissors
1. Have an adult push the plastic pour-spout into the cartons, cut the top "fin" and bottoms off the cartons, and cut the doors.
2. Paint the cartons; let dry.
3. Cut and decorate paper windows and doors; glue to cartons.
4. Cut, fold, and glue cereal box pieces on top of the cartons to create rooftops. (An adult should use a utility knife to cut circle opening above an existing pour-spout to create a hole for the chimney.)
5. Pop a cork into the spout hole and glue into place. Add smoke by attaching a cloud cut from white cardboard to a toothpick stuck in the cork.