Cardboard boxes form the base of this inspired instrument while corks make the tuning pegs.
How to Make A Cereal Box Guitar
What You'll Need
Cereal box, spaghetti box, craft knife, rubber bands, glue, corks, straws, paint, paintbrush
1. Paint the boxes and cut out a circle on one side of the cereal box.
2. Stretch the rubber bands over the middle of the cereal box.
3. Attach the spaghetti box to the cereal box with glue to create the guitar neck. Draw "strings" onto the neck.
4. Have an adult cut holes on the sides of spaghetti box and insert corks for the tuning keys. Glue in place.
5. Place a straw piece under the rubber bands underneath the hole to create the bridge (this will help make a sound when you strum).
Originally published in the October 2013 issue of Parents magazine.