Kids will have bushels of fun making this apple-print project.
- several apples of different sizes (cut in half)
- acrylic paint
- white paper
- kid-friendly scissors
- glue stick12 x 18 inch sheet of craft foam
- clear contact paper
- Dip flat side of an apple half into a bowl of paint; firmly press onto paper. Make about 10 prints, and get creative -- use a paintbrush to mix colors, and add details like stems and seeds. Let dry.
- Cut out each print, leaving a narrow white border. Dip a bay leaf into paint if you want to add decoravtive leaves.
- Use a glue stick to attach prints to a sheet of craft foam. Protect the placemat by covering it with clear Con-Tact paper.