Conspire with your kids to create a royal playhouse for your felines.
Cardboard Cat Castle
1. You'll need three square boxes, one slightly smaller than the other two. Seal the flaps with double-sided carpet tape.
2. Use a craft knife (adults only) to cut doors, windows, and crenellations (those notches on the top).
3. Create openings between the levels: Cut a hole in the top of the bottom box, then trace the opening onto the bottom of the middle box and cut it out. Repeat for the middle and top layers, staggering the position of the openings.
4. For a base, cut two squares of cardboard that are at least 2 inches wider than the castle on all sides. Glue the pieces together with wood glue.
5. Attach the boxes to the base and to each other with brass paper fasteners. Add a cardboard-tube flagpole and card stock flag with the carpet tape.
Originally published in the December/January 2014 issue of FamilyFun magazine.