What You'll Need: Sharp scissors, cardboard, yarn
1. Cut a piece of 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" cardboard into a U-shape, as shown.
2. Cut a 14-inch piece of yarn and fold it over the indent in the cardboard
3. Have your child wrap two to four colors of yarn around the cardboard form, approximately 40 times.
4. Carefully slide yarn off the form, keeping its shape, and tie the 14-inch piece around the center of the yarn bundle.
5. Cut a second 14-inch piece and tie it tightly around the center of the bundle.
6. Use scissors to cut open the looped ends of yarn.
7. Fluff pom-pom and trim with scissors to round its shape.
Originally published in the June 2015 issue of Parents magazine.