5 Tips for Choosing a Baby Monitor
Being a parent is stressful enough without running to check on a sleeping baby every few minutes. Let our tips for choosing a baby monitor give you peace of mind.
- Choose a model with a frequency of 900 MHz or higher. This will reduce possible interference and increase clarity.
- Find a model with a prominent "low-battery" light. This handy feature alerts you when the monitor has lost its juice.
- Go wireless. A wireless receiver gives you the most options for finishing chores inside and outside the house. Look for one with a belt clip to free up your hands.
- Look for a model with a sound-activated light. It flashes when it detects noise, so you can keep track of your infant while you're vacuuming, talking on the phone, or listening to music.
- Consider a video monitor. With these models you can tell at a glance that baby's still sleeping peacefully. Check for sufficient low-light quality of the picture.
Source: American Baby