Swaddling Your Baby: The Burrito Roll
1. Lay a square blanket on a flat surface. The blanket should be large enough to cover the baby's entire body.
2. Fold one corner of the blanket down about the length of your hand.
3. Lay the baby on the blanket diagonally so the fold is above the top of the baby's neck.
4. Tuck the baby's hands into the fold of the blanket. The hands should rest beside the baby's shoulders or face. (If you have a particularly active baby, you can tuck the blanket under the baby's armpits, so her hands will remain mobile.)
5. Pull the right side of the blanket across the baby's body. Tuck it under the baby's left side.
6. Fold the bottom tail of the blanket up (toward the baby's head), covering her feet and legs and overlapping the right-side fold. Tuck the tail under the top right edge.
7. Pull the left side of the blanket across the baby's body. Tuck it under the baby's right side.