Jessa Duggar Seewald Teases Her Second Son's Name
How will the Seewalds ever pick a baby name to stand up to their first son's moniker, Spurgeon? It turns out, they may still be weighing their options.
In a preview for their show Counting On, Jessa Duggar Seewald and her husband Ben tease their new baby boy's name... but, they aren't quite ready to reveal it just yet.
The proud new papa says the name is going to be unique like their first son, Spurgeon, but claim to not have settled on a name as of now.
"We want to be sure before we make it official," the new mama says.
[iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://www.tlc.com/embed?page=240229" frameborder="0"][/iframe]
Well, hurry up already! We need to know what Spurgeon's little bro's name is! Of course, judging from the truly unique nature of their first son's name, there can be no doubt a ton of thought is going into this choice. And he was just born on Monday, so I guess they have been busy.
The Seewalds previously revealed that Spurgeon, who goes by the nickname "Quincy," was named after 19th-century British preacher Charles Spurgeon. His middle name Elliot was chosen to honor South American missionaries Jim and Elisabeth Elliot.
- RELATED: Christian Baby Names
It's with that in mind that I humbly suggest a few baby names the new parents of two might consider for their second son:
- Paul - As in Paul the Apostle, the original missionary, perhaps.
- Ramon - Ramon Llull was a missionary to Islamic North Africa in the 1300s.
- Tozer - Fans are speculating this might be the baby name the Seewalds choose, as Jessa shared a quote by Tozer (a late Christian preacher who has been described as a modern-day prophet) on her Instagram while pregnant with baby No. 2. Jessa and Ben shared multiple quotes by preacher Charles Spurgeon during her first pregnancy, which we now may assume were hints at their first child's name choice.
- Adoniram - This name pays tribute to Adoniram Judson, an American missionary who served in Burma for 40 years. Adoniram would certainly be unique enough to compete with Spurgeon!
So maybe Adoniram Tozer, for the win?
- Pregnant? Sign up for our Parents Daily Pregnancy newsletter
I guess we'll find out soon enough!
Melissa Willets is a writer/blogger and a mom. Find her on Facebook where she chronicles her life momming under the influence. Of coffee.