Safety and Self-Defense: "Buy a Shotgun"
Responding to a Parents reader worried about self-defense if assault weapons are banned, Vice President Joe Biden offers his advice on what to use instead.
-Thanks. Kate Earnest has the next question. She asks, "Do you believe that banning certain weapons and high-capacity magazines will mean that law-abiding citizens will then become more of a target to criminals as we will have no way to sufficiently protect ourselves?" This sentiment came up again and again? -Is this Parents Magazine? -It is. -I have Parents Magazine. Well, I've never heard anybody of Parents Magazine ask these kinds of questions, but I'm delighted to answer them. First of all, the idea that-- repeat the last part of the question, please. -So she's asking if a ban goes into effect on certain kinds of weapons and high-capacity magazines. -And what's her name? -Kate. -Kate. If you wanna protect yourself, get a double-barrel shotgun, have the shells of 12-gauge shotgun and I promise you as I told my wife, we live in an area that's wooded and somewhat secluded, I said Jill if there's ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here, walk out, put that double-barrel shotgun and fire 2 blasts outside the house. I promise you whoever is coming in is not gonna, you don't need an AR-15. It's harder to aim, it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- Gender Predictor Quiz - Parents.com
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- 13 Signs You May Be Pregnant
- 14 Fun & Festive Baby Shower Games
- The 20 Best Snacks for Kids
- Mother's Day Crafts Ideas for Kids
- 5 Signs That You're in Labor
- Teach Your Baby to Sleep (In Just 7 Days)
- A Food Guide for Pregnant Women: What to Eat and What Not to Eat