How to Take an EPT Pregnancy Test
Nervous about taking the test? Not sure how to read it? Follow this step-by-step guide.
e.p.t. manufactures 2 varieties of home pregnancy tests, a digital version and a non-digital one. When you're ready to test, first check the date on the bottom of the box to make sure the test haven't expired. If you're all set, open the box and remove one of the tests from its packaging. Remove the cap to expose the stick's absorbent tip. Holding the test by its thumb grip, place the tip pointing downward in your urine stream for 5 seconds, or collect a sample of your urine in a clean dry container and dip the test stick in it for 20 seconds. Place the stick on a flat surface with the result window facing up. The digital test screen should display an hour glass while the test is processing and a result within 3 minutes. If you're using a non-digital test, let it sit for at least 2 minutes but no longer than 10. After the appropriate amount of time has passed, check your results. The digital test is straightforward. When it's finished processing, the screen will either display the words "pregnant" or "not pregnant." If a book symbol or nothing at all appears on the screen, an error has occurred. Reference the package instructions for your next steps. Regardless of the result, the square window of the non-digital test will show a single vertical line. If it doesn't, the test didn't work. The second round window will show a single horizontal line if the test is negative. If it's positive, you'll see 2 lines that intersect to form a plus sign. It doesn't matter how faint or dark the lines are. If 2 lines are present, you're pregnant.
More For You
- 10 Home Pregnancy Tests (and How to Use Them)
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Breastfeeding
- 13 Signs You May Be Pregnant
- How Big is Your Baby This Week: Week-by-Week Fruit Comparisons to See Baby's Growth
- Boy or Girl?: Three Moms' Stories of Gender Selection
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- Gender Predictor Quiz - Parents.com
- 14 Fun & Festive Baby Shower Games
- The 20 Best Snacks for Kids
- 5 Signs That You're in Labor