Instructions for making St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies that look like rainbows.
-Hi, I'm Joy Howard from Family Fun here to show you how to make these End-o'-the-Rainbow Cookies. For this recipe, you'll need sugar cookie dough and food coloring. Divide the dough in 4 equal portions. Add food coloring to each one and shape it into a ball. Wrap and refrigerate the dough balls for 1 to 2 hours. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and make 10 to 12 one-inch balls with each color. Lightly flour your work surface. Flatten a blue ball into a half inch thick disc. Roll a green ball into a thin rope and wrap it along 1 side of the flattened blue disc. Repeat with a ball of yellow dough and red dough. Lay a piece of wax paper on top of the cookie and gently roll it to help the colors adhere. Repeat the shaping and rolling steps with the remaining dough then bake them according to your recipe directions. While the cookies are still slightly warm and soft, trim their edges with a butter knife. Colorful and sweet, these lucky rainbows make a delicious St. Patrick's Day treat.
More For You
- Festive St. Patrick's Day Treats
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Baby Development Tracker
- A Healthy St. Patrick's Day Drink: Shamrock Smoothie
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- St. Patrick's Day Snacks and Treats
- Downloadable Chore Charts
- Play with Your Food
- Finding Answers for Science Questions
- Growth Charts