How to Make Chocolate Mint Candy Cane Bars
The Naptime Chef, Kelsey Banfield, shows how to make delicious mint chocolate candycane bars.
-Hi, I'm Kelsey Banfield, the Naptime Chef. This recipe is a favorite of mine for around the holidays. I call these my chocolate mint candy cane bars and I'm going to share the recipe with you today. In a small bowl, I've combined the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. With my electric mixer, I'm going to cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This will take about two minutes. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until the flour is completely incorporated. Then, stir in the chocolate chips. Use your hands to press the dough evenly into the baking dish and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. To make the frosting, cream the butter in an electric mixer, add the confectioner sugar, milk, and peppermint extract and beat until light and fluffy. If you like the frosting to be pink, add one or two drops of red food paste as well. Spread the fresh butter cream on the completely cooled bars. I like to use an offset spatula for this. Once your bars are coated, scatter the crushed candy canes on top of the frosting and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Now, just cut it in squares and serve.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- Growth Charts
- Parents.com Too Sick for School Quiz
- Money Milestones for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Downloadable Chore Charts
- 15 Retro Fun Activities
- How to Eat Healthy at Disney World
- Fact or Fiction: The Lowdown on Colds