How to Make a Ring Box Puppet
Kids can quickly transform a cardboard ring box into a finger dancing puppet.
Everyone has this cardboard jewelry boxes in their drawers. I'm going to show you how you can turn them into a fun afternoon project to do with your kids. For this craft, you'll need a small cardboard jewelry box with white flip inside, googly yes, a pompom, a hole punch, craft glue and scissors. Punch two holes in the short side of a box, keep punching until you have two holes large enough to fit a child's fingers. Next, create a face on the bottom of the box, glue on two googly eyes and a pompom for the nose. To create the hair and mustache, remove the white flip from the box, cut one quarter of the long end off, use that piece to twist in the center to create a mustache. Now, just add a little glue to the top for his hair, a dot for the mustache under his nose, and you're finished. This is one of the quickest crafts you can make with your kids. They will have a great time making them and playing with them.
More For You
- Puppet Play: Friendly Puppet Crafts
- 10 Things to Know About Newborns
- Baby Development Tracker
- Happy New Year: Ring in 2012 With Great Kids Crafts
- 10 Ways to Preserve Baby's First Christmas
- What Was Your Christmas Miracle? Parents.com Readers' Christmas Stories
- Chores for Busy Toddlers
- 11 Simple Activities for 2-to-3-Year-Olds
- 10 Activities to Improve Your Toddler's Development
- Activities for 2-Year-Olds