Introduction to Atopic Dermatitis
Learn common symptoms of atopic dermatitis, or eczema, a chronic, inflammatory condition of the skin that causes redness, dryness, scaling, and itching.
This boy has atopic dermatitis or infantile eczema. He has itching and some dry, scaly patches on his body. He also has a rash on his cheeks, something that is typical for children of his age with this condition. Atopic dermatitis usually begins on the cheeks, forehead, and scalp, and spreads to the hands, feet, and diaper region.
More For You
- 13 Signs You May Be Pregnant
- Eczema Symptoms and Treatment
- Gender Predictor Quiz - Parents.com
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- 14 Fun & Festive Baby Shower Games
- The 20 Best Snacks for Kids
- 5 Signs That You're in Labor
- Teach Your Baby to Sleep (In Just 7 Days)
- A Food Guide for Pregnant Women: What to Eat and What Not to Eat
- 12 Things No One Ever Tells You About Babies