Baby Development: Age 6 Weeks
A 6 week old baby should spend short periods of time lying on his stomach, several times a day.This will strengthen the muscles in a baby’s stomach, neck, back, shoulder and seat. Having strong muscles will be important when a child is learning to crawl and to walk.
A 6-week-old baby should spend short periods of time lying on his stomach several times a day. This will strengthen the muscles in the baby's stomach, neck, back, shoulder, and seat. Having strong muscles will be important when a child is learning to crawl and to walk. You can help your baby lie on his stomach by putting your arm under his head for support, as you see demonstrated by Ryan and the nurse. You should talk a lot to your baby when he is lying like this. Otherwise, he will soon start to complain. It's hard work for a 6-week-old baby to lie on his stomach, so keep the session short and try the exercises only when he is in the right mood.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- 10 Embarrassing Mommy Moments
- Money Milestones for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide
- Parents.com Too Sick for School Quiz
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Growth Charts
- Gender Predictor Quiz - Parents.com
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- Downloadable Chore Charts
- Moving from Crib to Big-Kid Bed