Activity Tips: Mia Reads Book
Activity suggestions for parents with children aged 9-12 months, like reading board books. Learn how to make the book sharing experience more interactive.
Children love to share books with an adult. At ages 2 to 3 years, kids need picture books that are a little more advanced. While appropriate books for toddlers allow you to point to pictures and name familiar objects, these books can now tell a short story. Some other good books have lift-the-flaps or touch-and-feel features to make the book sharing experience more interactive, exciting, and educational. Make sure to talk to your child about what you were seeing in the book and ask her questions. You can even have your child use her imagination and continue the story after you finish reading the book.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- Parents.com Too Sick for School Quiz
- Money Milestones for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Growth Charts
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- Downloadable Chore Charts
- Kid-Friendly Valentine's Day Crafts
- Due Date Predictor
- Understanding Autism