How to Give Eye Drops
Step-by-step instructions for administering eye drops to a child.
Insert drops while the child is lying on his back on a bed. Gently pull down the lower eyelid and ask the child to look up. Hold the dropper or the bottle above the eye and gently squeeze 1 drop onto the inside of the lower eyelid. Ask the child to blink his eyes so the liquid can spread over the surface of the eyeball. Repeat the procedure for the other eye. Try to avoid touching the eye or eyelashes with the dropper or bottle to avoid reinfection.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- Parents.com Too Sick for School Quiz
- Money Milestones for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide
- Growth Charts
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- 6 Holiday Safety Hazards
- Downloadable Chore Charts
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Healthy Fast Food
- Best Fall Wardrobe Solutions