Boy with a Snake Bite
See a one and a half year old boy with a snake bite. Anyone bitten by a poisonous snake should seek emergency medical attention immediately for evaluation and possible treatment with anti-venom.
This boy of 1-1/2 was out playing in the grass when he was bitten by a snake. Here is the bite. He is in good form when the doctor is examining his foot. He has no trouble breathing and is not nauseous. His foot is swollen and the skin is tender and warm. There is also a bluish discoloration in the skin. The swelling goes up to the middle of his calf. This film is from the day after and shows that the swelling has gone down a lot and that the skin is less tensed.