Make a Clown Collar Costume
This vintage-inspired collar is a great addition to baby’s clown costume—and that’s no joke!
-Hi, I'm Amanda Kingloff, Lifestyle Director from Parents magazine. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a vintage soft color for your babies clown costume and let's get started. Here's what you'll need: a hot glue gun, white felt, scissors, basket coffee filters, and Velcro. The first thing you're gonna wanna do is cut your felt into a U shape, and then next thing you wanna do is take one of your coffee filters and you're gonna fold it into a quarter. So, fold it in half and fold it in half again, and you're gonna take your glue gun, put a dab of hot glue on that and just press it to the felt. This time, we use-- we're using this basket filters as if they already have that natural ruffle, so it makes the color really dramatic and lovely. So, you're just gonna keep repeating all the way around. You can layer as much has you want for as much fluffiness as you want and then, it cut little circles at the felt. Then, I'm just gonna add a little bit of hot glue and wrap around the edge where the coffee filters underneath the felt just to seal it to make it look great. So, with your hat, your color, and your decorated once you'll have the little perfect clown for Halloween.
More For You
- Baby Development Tracker
- Ovulation Calculator - Interactive Calendar of Monthly Ovulation Cycles - Parents.com
- Parents.com Too Sick for School Quiz
- Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Gender Prediction Chinese Birth Chart - Parents.com
- Fact or Fiction: The Lowdown on Colds
- Pocket Gallery App: 15 Awesome Kids Artwork Submissions
- 10 New Year's Resolutions Your Kids Made
- 15 Retro Fun Activities
- How to Eat Healthy at Disney World
- Growth Charts