What to ask when screening programs?
Before you visit a preschool, call and ask these questions.
- What are the schedule options?
- What is the tuition?
- How old are children when they enter your school?
- What is the cutoff date for new students?
- Do you have openings for next September?
- How many children are in each class?
- How many adults supervise each class?
- What are the qualifications of the teachers?
- What training does the director have?
- Is the program licensed or accredited?
If a program meets your basic needs, ask about the enrollment process and schedule a time to visit. You should meet the director, take a tour, and spend an hour or two in a classroom. Try to revisit your top choices before making the final pick.
Copyright © 2004 Meredith Corporation. Reprinted with permission from the October 2004 issue of Parents magazine.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.