Around the House
- Remove the rubber ends from door stoppers on baseboards; they pose a choking risk. Or remove the stopper entirely and install a V-shaped hinge pin at the top end of the door.
- Hide wastebaskets under the sink or in a locked cabinet. Or buy a container with a secure lid.
- Keep your guests' purses or bags out of your toddler's reach; visitors may carry risky medications or toiletries.
- Get rid of poisonous or dangerous household plants.
- Install hook-and-eye latches or childproof knob covers on doors to your basement, garage, laundry room, exercise room, attic, and bathrooms.