- Place refrigerator magnets high enough so that your toddler can't grab them and pop them in her mouth.
- Lock the door of your dishwasher, oven, front-loading dryer, or any other appliance your child might get into.
- Keep knives away from countertop edges.
- While cooking, turn pot handles away from the front of the stove to prevent dangerous spills.
- Keep all cleaners and plastic bags locked up.
- Stash boxes of plastic wrap and foil in a locked drawer; their sharp, serrated edges could cut little fingers.
- Unplug small appliances when not in use.