Myth #7: ADHD can be treated through herbs and vitamins.
You may have heard media reports or seen advertisements for "miracle cures" for ADHD. However, the following methods have not been proven to work in scientific studies:
- Optometric vision training (asserts that faulty eye movement and sensitivities cause the behavior problems)
- Megavitamins and mineral supplements
- Anti-motion-sickness medication (to treat the inner ear)
- Treatment for candida yeast infection
- EEG biofeedback (training to increase brain-wave activity)
- Applied kinesiology (realigning bones in the skull)