40 Ways to Prevent Tantrums
Ask your kids questions that will get their imagination in gear.
- What do you want to do for your next birthday party?
- Where would you rather be right now?
- What would you change your name to if you could?
- What do you think the world would be like if there were no such thing as money?
- What would happen if dogs were in charge and people were their pets?
Stock your handbag with:
- Modeling clay in a sandwich bag
- Crayons and a small pad
- A mini tape measure
- Wikki Sticks (inexpensive, bendable, waxy sticks for creating sculptures or letters)
- A short piece of rope with a big knot to pick loose
- Windup toys
- Post-it notes
- A small flashlight
- An unbreakable mirror