Make Laundry Fun
Use this print-and-save list of ideas for you and your helper.
- Have her round up all those doll clothes so she can wash them. Put them in a pillowcase to protect them in the washer.
- Show her how to hand-wash delicate items in a big sinkful of soapy water.
- Decorate your child's hamper together and she'll be excited to toss in her dirty clothes.
- Wash dirty stuffed animals in the bath. (Toss 'em into the dryer to dry -- but don't use heat if there are any plastic parts.)
- If it's warm enough, go old-school and hang clothes up to dry outside in the sunshine.
- Play the laundry game: Have her toss clothes into the hamper from a few feet away.
- Use fabric scraps and ribbon to make yummy-smelling potpourri sachets for your kid's closet.
Copyright © 2008. Used with permission from the April 2008 issue of Parents magazine.