5 Decorative Touches
Try these simple additions to make a child's room more functional and more enjoyable.
1. To make it easier for your child to relax with a good book, create a headboard from a simple wood bookcase and add a reading light.
2. Surround the room with a running shelf hung about two feet below the ceiling. This space often goes unused and would be great for displaying stuffed animals and collectibles.
3. Hang a wallpaper border at child height rather than around the ceiling. Kids can better enjoy decorations at eye level.
4. Help your toddler become familiar with her name by spelling it in antique alphabet blocks or painted letters that can be hung on the wall.
5. Search flea markets for vintage drawer pulls, lamps, and other decorative touches that make a room unique. Help your child start a collection of piggy banks, antique spoons, or any other item that interests her. She'll proudly show guests her treasures when they come to visit.
Copyright © 2003.