Read other opinions!
Interested in reading further? Here are some good places to start:
- Food Politics is Dr. Nestle's blog. Her two posts on the DGA are eye-opening.
- The Harvard School of Public Health has some excellent, detailed analysis.
- The American Cancer Society is pleased, but wishes the agencies had more bluntly recommended that we eat less red and processed meat.
- Spoonfed is the blog of journalist Christina Le Beau. A few days before the DGA was released, she wrote about choosing ingredients over nutrients in very clear terms.
- Cookbook author Susie Middleton pleads the case for home cooking -- and even includes some quick recipes.
- Parents magazine and New York Times contributor Mark Bittman sums it up in 3 letters: ERF. Eat Real Food.
- And just for fun, GOOD magazine compares food pyramids from around the world. Me, I'm moving to Greece.
Copyright © 2011 Meredith Corporation.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.