This festive St. Patrick's Day treat offers nearly 100 percent of your daily vitamin C.*
You won't need the luck of the Irish to get your kids to drink this healthy, yummy Shamrock Smoothie this St. Patrick's Day (or any day!) Whip one up for breakfast or an after-school treat.
- Large banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 2 cups honeydew melon chunks
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup (tightly packed) parsley leaves
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree them until smooth. Serve immediately. Makes 4 cups.
*In addition to being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C helps the body heal cuts and wounds.
Per serving (1 cup) Calories 133, Total Fat 0.5 g (1%), Saturated Fat 0 g (0%), Cholesterol 1 mg (0%), Sodium 52 mg (2%), Total Carbohydrate 31 g (10%), Fiber 3 g (11%), Sugars 24 g, Protein 3 g (7%), Vitamin C 59 mg (98%)