What You'll Need
Adorned with Life Savers and a Gummi Tape bow, this edible Gingerbread Wreath makes a fabulous centerpiece. Or try hanging it on the wall for a spectacular and tasty decoration.
To make the Gingerbread Wreath you will need:
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wire cooling rack
- 1 batch of your favorite gingerbread (see recipe)
To decorate the Gingerbread Wreath you will need:
- 1 package Hubba Bubba Gummi Tape Shocking Strawberry
- 3 large bags of 5 Flavor Life Savers Gummies (green colored, cut in half)
How to Make It
To create the wreath:
- Make your favorite gingerbread recipe according to instructions.
- Working on a parchment-covered cookie sheet, use about half of the dough and hand-mold it into a wreath shape, approximately 1/2 inch thick and 10 inches in diameter. Don't worry about making it a perfect circle -- little imperfections add to the charm of the wreath.
- Bake the dough.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for multiple wreaths.
- While the Gingerbread Wreath is baking, tie a large bow using approximately 10 to 12 inches of Gummi Tape and set aside (see image).
- Cut green Life Saver gummi candies in half using your kitchen scissors.
- Remove wreath from oven and carefully place on a wire rack to cool.
- While wreath is still warm, start to decorate with the green gummi halves (see photo) and place premade Gummi Tape bow onto the top of wreath to secure in place. Be careful not to touch any of the candy pieces as they may become hot!
- Allow decorated wreath to cool completely on the wire rack before using or eating, preferably overnight.
*Use any extra Gingerbread dough to make mini Candy Gingerbread Wreaths or Christmas ornaments.
Copyright © 2009 Meredith Corporation.