Blooming Good Flower
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow or chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
Purple, red, and yellow icing colors
Pink, purple, and yellow jimmies
- 3 pieces green-apple taffy (such as Airheads)
- 1 piece green-apple taffy rope (such as Willy Wonka Laffy Taffy Ropes)
- Heat oven to 350?F. Line 6 standard size and 24 mini muffin pans with paper liners. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide batter among muffin cups and bake mini cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes and standard cupcakes for 25 to 28.
- Tint 3 tbsp. frosting yellow, 2/3 cup frosting light purple, and the remaining frosting pink. Ice 1 standard-size cupcake with yellow frosting. Roll edge in yellow jimmies. Place cupcake in the center of plate. Ice 7 mini cupcakes with the purple frosting and roll edges in purple jimmies. Repeat with 13 mini cupcakes using pink frosting and pink jimmies.
- Arrange mini cupcakes around the yellow cupcake as shown. Cut the flat taffy into leaf shapes and arrange next to the rope taffy for stem. Freeze the remaining cupcakes for another use.
Copyright ? 2006. Reprinted with permission from the April 2006 issue of Parents magazine.