Banana Berry Sorbet
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes (includes freezing)
Makes: 6 servings
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the edge on all four sides if possible. (You'll need a pan that can sit flat in your freezer.) Pour the puree into the pan, then use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Freeze the puree until solid, about two hours. The texture will be firm but not hard like ice.
- Break the frozen puree into pieces. Place them in a food processor and blend for about 5 minutes to form a smooth, creamy sorbet, pausing as needed to push down and break up the pieces with a wooden spoon. You may need to work in batches.
- Serve the sorbet immediately, or for a firmer texture, place it in a metal bowl and return it to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prep the fruit
- Spread the puree on a baking sheet
- Break the frozen puree into pieces
Originally published in the June/July 2013 issue of FamilyFun