Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
What you'll need:
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) chicken-flavored ramen noodle soup
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 lb. peeled cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions, but do not add seasoning packets to pan. Drain noodles, and place in serving bowl. Dissolve 1 packet of ramen flavoring in 1 3/4 cups water, then discard remaining packet. Add teriyaki sauce to seasoned water, and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger, and cook 30 seconds. Stir in seasoned water; bring to a boil. Add vegetables, and cook 3 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 Tbs. water, whisk into boiling sauce, and cook 1 minute more. Add shrimp, toss to coat with sauce, and heat through. Pour over hot noodles, and toss. Sprinkle with green onions, if using.
Nutrition per serving: 394 cal; 31g protein; 13g fat; 38g carb; 86mg calcium; 3g fiber.