The yogurt in this fragrant, not-too-spicy dish makes the chicken extra tender and helps infuse the tandoori flavors.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. tandoori spice (Sharwood's)
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
- Mango chutney, optional
- In large bowl, combine salt, cumin, and tandoori spice. Stir in yogurt. Add chicken and coat well, then set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in peas when rice is cooked; cover and let rest while chicken is cooking.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray, and grill chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice and top with mango chutney, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 343 cal; 36g protein; 3g fat; 47g carb; 59mg calcium; 3g fiber
How We Compute Our Nutritional Analysis: When there are ingredient choices, the first choice is used in analysis. Optional ingredients are omitted from analysis. When yield is listed as a range of servings (for example, 4 to 6 servings), analysis is always based on the first figure.
Copyright September 2006. Originally published from the September 2006 issue of Parents magazine.