Crunchy Oven-Baked Chicken Toes
Angelina loves chicken fingers, so Rachael was convinced she'd go for this crunchy, slightly spicy version. The verdict? Yummy!
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken-breast tenders, cut into 20 pieces
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil evenly over the cornflake mixture. Mix well to combine. Place flour and beaten eggs into separate bowls. Dredge the chicken toes in the flour, then the eggs, and then the cornflake mixture. Pat to form an even coating. Arrange the chicken toes about 1 inch apart on a nonstick baking sheet. Place the chicken in the oven and cook until crisp and brown all over, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey mustard and barbecue sauce for dipping. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Creamy Salsa Dip and Veggies
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 carrot sticks
- 12 celery sticks
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 sugar snap peas
Stir together salsa and sour cream in a small bowl. Arrange the veggies around the dip and serve with Crunchy Oven-Baked Chicken Toes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Crunchy Oven-Baked Chicken Toes, Creamy Salsa Dip and Veggies, and Pasta, Cheese, and Trees My Mama's Way recipes are adapted from Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals for Kids.