Pork Chops with Sweet and Hot Peppers
"Don't be turned off by the red hot peppers," Rachael told Helena and Joseph. "They add tons of flavor to this super-easy dish." For the kids, just pick out the peppers right before serving.
- 4 center-cut pork-loin chops, 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 to 4 jarred red hot Italian cherry peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to the pan; add chops and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer cooked pork chops to a platter; keep warm. Add remaining EVOO and the bell peppers to the pan. Saute the peppers, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the hot peppers and a splash of the brine, and cook 1 minute. Add broth and scrape up the drippings. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.