Using superthin chicken tenders for this kiddie favorite cuts the cooking time. And we coated them in low-fat yogurt to reduce the fat.
Time: 22 minutes
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon each Italian herbs, paprika, and salt
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup tomato bruschetta topping
- Green salad (optional)
- Garlic toast (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with olive-oil cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine wheat germ, Parmesan, Italian herbs, paprika, and salt. Place yogurt in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender in yogurt, shaking off any excess. Dredge in Parmesan mixture, patting to coat thoroughly. Place on prepared pan.
- Spray tenders with olive-oil cooking spray and cook in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with bruschetta topping and salad and garlic toast if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 228 cal; 33g protein; 6g fat; 10g carb; 138mg calcium; 2g fiber