Tangy Red Slaw
When buying cabbage, look for heads that are compact and firm with fresh, crisp, blemish-free leaves.
- 1 small head red cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Cut cabbage in quarters and cut out tough stem. Thinly slice into shreds. Combine with onion and sweet red pepper in large bowl.
2. In small bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, mustard, caraway, salt and pepper. While whisking, add oil in a thin stream. Toss with cabbage mixture to coat. Cover with plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes to soften.