This easy shrimp and vegetable stir-fry recipe actually relies on the convenience of the crock pot to prepare this low-calorie, low-fat, and low-sodium dish.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 8 ounce can bamboo shoots
- Sliced scallions (optional)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Place carrots and red pepper slices in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, blend broth, teriyaki, cornstarch, oyster sauce and sugar. Pour into slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 3/4 hours or LOW for 3 1/2 hours.
2. Stir shrimp, snow peas and bamboo shoots (drained) into the slow cooker for the final 20 minutes of cook time. Sprinkle with scallions and serve with brown rice.
Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 277, Fat, total(g): 3, chol.(mg): 115, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 42, fiber(g): 6, pro.(g): 21, sodium(mg): 349, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.